The website aberdeenprinting.com is owned and operated by Fawcett Print Services Limited. References to “we”, “us”, our” or “the website” are references to Fawcett Print Services Limited. We are a company registered in Scotland (company number SC243705).
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of users to our site and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
We collect information about you for two reasons. Firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
The type of information we will collect about you includes your name, postal address, email address and credit / debit card details. You card details are not stored on our website, they are used only when entered at the time of ordering to process the transaction, however they are stored securely by PayPal. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold should be accurate and up to date. In accordance with your right of access to your information under the Act, you can request the information that we hold about you by emailing us via our Contact page. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. Data may be transferred outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We will not sell or pass on your details to any company.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
The information we collect from you enables us to fulfill your request for our products – namely, to send you products that you order and receive – to send you information or content in which you may be interested, and keep you abreast of any updates related to our Site. We also use this information to personalise and continually improve our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You
You may browse our Site without registering. If you would like to place an order, then we require you to register with us and become a member on our Site so that we can fulfill your request. To register with us, we request your name and email address. As a part of the registration process, we will also ask you to select a password. In certain circumstances, such as when making a purchase, we will request that you provide your credit or debit card information and your billing and shipping address.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may also use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights, to track usage of our Site. We may use the information gathered through these methods in anonymous or aggregated form to analyse ways to improve our Site. This information may also be associated with your username or email address and may be combined with other information, including personally identifiable information that we collect about you.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
As noted, we may use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate usage of our Site. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Site. We use these tools to help us improve our Site, performance and user experiences.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your orders or otherwise provide services related to your Account to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Site, your Account and/or products that we offer or make available through the Site, and for other customer service purposes.
- To respond to any inquiries you submit to us.
- To carry out or enforce a transaction or agreement with us.
- To operate and improve the Site.
- Where permitted by law, for marketing and promotional purposes; for example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to email you news and our newsletters, special offers, and promotions.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Account, both on an aggregated and individualised basis, for the purposes of improving our Site.
- substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Concoction and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- Aggregate and Anonymised Information. We may share aggregate or anonymised information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Third Party Website Links
Our Site may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How We Secure Information About You
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorised access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. Also, you should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorised password activity.
Changing Personal Information?
You may modify any personal information that you have submitted by logging into the ‘My Account’ page and updating ‘Edit My Address’. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain view able in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic emails to interested users regarding various promotions or other information that we believe may be of interest to our users. If we send you any news and newsletters, special offers, promotions or other information we think may interest you, you may tell us to stop sending you such e-mail communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days for us to process opt-out requests. Please note if you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account you have requested or received from us.